HOW TO POST YOUR STORIES

Thursday, August 27, 2015

Range time

I finally got the chance to fine-tune my Ruger #1B after replacing the old scope with the new Redfield Revenge 6X18. This was also a good opportunity to finish testing the new load I had been trying when the old scope died. Once I had sighted in the scope with another load, I settled in for serious work with the new one. Imagine my surprise when the first 3 made what looked through the scope to be a single hole. Taking a deep breath, I fired number 4...same result. Now we all know that we should always quit while we are ahead, but I sat back, relaxed and thought pure thoughts. Must not have been enough since, as everyone knows, there is always the shot that brings you back to earth.


Guess those things happen to keep us humble. Obviously this load deserves serious investigation.

SSL

1 comment:

Varmint Hunting International said...

That thars a keeper. Nice shooting.

Swamprat