HOW TO POST YOUR STORIES

Monday, October 12, 2015

I read a good article the other day about the "Battle of the Pumps."
Mossberg 500 vrs. the Remington 870.

Personally, I like the location of the safety and action release on the
Mossburg over the 870. but I can't gripe about the service of my 870.  I am still hunting with my brothers Remington Wing Master
870 that was bought in 1955. I'ts still a work horse.
Here is the link to the article.  Hope it works.
Doug

 http://blog.cheaperthandirt.com/battle-pumps-mossberg-500-vs-remington-870/comment-page-1/#comments

1 comment:

Varmint Hunting International said...

Doug, I have one of each. I have an old 20 ga. Wingmaster I bought in the dark ages, when I was about 14, and a Mossberg 12 ga. Turkey Gun I bought a few years ago. Both are good shotguns. I think I like the old Wingmaster better, but not for any particular reason. I do like the safety on the Remington better, but there's nothing wrong with the other one. That little Turkey Gun is so light that it kicks like a durn mule. It's camo with a short barrel and a composite stock, it's nice to carry but not so much to shoot, but it's potent. I have no experience with the newer Remington Express, there are a lot of them out there though. My old Wingmaster just fits.

Swamprat